Cultural Gifts PROGRAM VALUATION
Donation of artwork to cultural institutions under the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program has become a widely accepted and welcomed form of art philanthropy in this country.
- Benefits to donors are numerous and include;
- tax incentives in the form of deductions
- capital gains tax exemptions
- assisting to build and enhance our nation's public collections.
- Since its establishment in 1978, over $608 million worth of items have been donated through the Cultural Gifts Program. These include;
- visual and decorative arts,
- Indigenous arts,
- cultural artefacts,
- social history,
- scientific collections and
- archival material.
- BCFA will outline the steps you need to take towards donation of artwork, and advise on the valuation process.
- You may also access information about the CGP, a donation checklist, a list of participating institutions and tax incentives at http://www.arts.gov.au/tax_incentives/cgp
BCFA CGP Valuations
- Brenda Colahan has conducted many hundreds of Cultural Gifts Program valuations for leading Australian State and Regional galleries, museums, and institutions.
- BCFA has been engaged by collectors, philanthropists, gallerists and renowned artists to undertake independent valuations for gifting under the government’s CGP.
- BCFA has also undertaken valuation through the Australian Valuation Office for gifting under the Philanthropy Program.
BCFA Institutional clients include:
National Gallery of Australia
Australian National University Art Gallery
Art Gallery of NSW
|Canberra Regional Gallery||Casula Powerhouse|
|Cowra Regional Gallery||Deakin University Gallery|
|Gold Coast City Gallery||Grafton Regional Gallery|
|Hamilton Regional Gallery||University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)|
|La Trobe University||Lismore Regional Gallery|
|Manly Regional Art Gallery||Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney (MCA)|
|Melbourne Jewish Museum||Moree Plains Gallery|
|Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre||New England Regional NERUM|
|Powerhouse Museum Sydney||Queensland Art Gallery|
|Sydney Jewish Museum||National Library, Canberra|
|University of Western Sydney Gallery||Western Plains Cultural Centre, Dubbo|
|National Portrait Gallery, Canberra||St Vincent’s Private Hospital|